Skip to main content

Weekly Ramble #1

Greetings,

You could kinda say that Blogger and myself are getting quite serious now. I have decided to make Sunday's blog posts a 'Weekly Ramble' which is just what it says on the tin, okay no tin involved but you understand (...I hope). This means that in one little blog post I will ramble on about everything that has happened during the week, well interesting things - I'll leave the dance parties out of it. I know what you're thinking, 'she doesn't have thaaat much of an interesting life' don't worry, I won't disagree but still let's hope it improves and then I'll actually have something to ramble on about instead of just me rambling about rambling. Okay, that made sense in my head. I have other blog posts that will be posted sometime in the week, maybe Wednesday, but I'm not starting that until next week when my exams are over. I feel like I have taken my relationship with Blogger to the next level now, it's official. I also feel like I have made a big step and set it in stone. OH I FEEL SO ORGANISED. That was happy shouting, please do not be offended. 

Yesterday I guess you could kinda say was a big deal, I went to see 5 Seconds of Summer, yes I saw the wonderful Calum, Luke, Michael and Ashton in person. I definitely wouldn't say I'm a 5SOS super fan, unlike Ailish and Emily, however I was quite excited. It made it even better as we were sat in posh seats, the Show Deck, to be precise. I can't say 'The Show Deck' without putting on a really bad posh voice making it sound 10 times posher than it actually was but hey ho who cares? I was disappointed with the cheeseburger, after paying £4.60 I was looking forward to a proper cheeseburger; which in my eyes is just a burger with cheese on in a bun BUT NOOOOO the arena serves their cheeseburgers with gherkin and a weird salsa sauce thing. The high hopes I had for that burger came crashing down. I do admit though that, yes, I was major-fan-girl-for-one-night-only (I know you sang then) and screamed the lyrics to the songs I knew, to the ones I didn't know I just mumbled very loudly. I could go on for a while about how amazing they are live but I'll just let you go and see them or whatever instead. 

Displaying image1.JPG

This week was the week that I left school and I didn't actually cry as much as I thought I would, I had a few tears in my eyes but no emotional wreck like I was predicting. It was a lovely day though, apart from the maths exam in the morning but hey ho, and my form tutor bought us a cake with a form picture on so that was pretty cool. In period 5 we had a Leavers Assembly and that was probably where I got to my most emotional stage because two students had put together a slide show full of pictures of everyone from years 7 through to 11, there were some pretty embarrassing pictures on there. But I think it was whilst watching that presentation that I realised that my time at secondary school was over. It was a sunny day as well so I think that helped a lot - who wants a miserable day to leave school to?!

The last thing I'm going to ramble about is that I'm really looking forward to the next few weeks especially in cadets, next week I am helping to marshal a Breast Cancer Care walk in the local area, this will includes handing out water and that sort of stuff. I enjoy doing things like this as it enables me to help out in my local area and make people smile. 

One thing I feel guilty about though is the fact that I haven't revised alllll day, but one day off won't hurt...she said hopefully. 

Until next week,
Goodbye x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Helping brings happiness

Hey there Earthling cheesecakes, I sit here and I'm conscious that I have a mountain of uni stuff to read on this reading week and I'm also conscious that I didn't post on my blog last week and although I don't mind missing a week because I'm busy and didn't want to rush a post, I also hate missing a week because I feel like I'm letting myself down. So here I am before I get lost in a book that weights at least 4 stone, posting this weeks update and it's an important one.  Right now it's the 9th of November and I'm sat here in my room looking out the window to a grey and murky day. It's definitely time for the big coat to come out, and I now have to sit and wait a bit for my windscreen to clear. The festive menus have arrived in Starbucks and I can highly recommend the Fudge Hot Chocolate. The Christmas adverts are starting to come on TV and everywhere is starting to get a bit more magical as the build up to festivities begin.  Unfortuna