Skip to main content

Weekly Ramble #2


Hello Earthlings,

I realise that this isn't a Sunday but I'm sure that we can live in some sort of universe where we read this and pretend it's Sunday...yes? I think that is a great idea so stop working for a bit, get yourself a cuppa and go for a good Sunday drive (not whilst you're drinking your tea or reading this post, I don't want to be responsible for any accidents). Although we're pretending it's Sunday, I'm going to switch to reality for a minute. It feels so weird that it's a Monday and I'm not at school, or getting ready to go into revision or for an exam or anything like that. It is so weird, but I like it. 
In the spirit of a ramble I'm going to tell you a little story. I'm currently sat outside watching a little bug crawl around the table and it's little legs are having to crawl ten times faster than they usually would because it's body is moving too quickly for it. Now, I'm not sure what the little bug's intentions are but it kind of reminds me of some humans, always hurrying around from A to B and not really taking in what is happening right now, like right in the moment. It makes me sad that this happens because sometimes it is nice to just sit back and smell the roses, so to speak unless you have roses with you then go ahead and smell them. Update on little bug, I am no longer feeling happy to share my table with it as it just betrayed my trust and flew at me, not towards me...at me! As a result of this, I have injured my wrist from whacking it on  the table trying to shake said bug off. I am not amused. 
The greatest news from the previous week?! EXAMS ARE OVER. 19 exams later and I have finally completed my GCSE exams, now I have to wait until results day which I am slightly worried about. I'm trying not to think about it though so I can enjoy 10 weeks off. I'm not sure what I am going to find to do in 10 weeks...it will probably be wasted watching Netflix. I do aim to do more than that however the weather is recently a bit up and down...the weekend was just rain really however today it is quite sunny. But knowing Britain, we will have about a week tops of nice weather and then the October weather will return ready for the summer months. Oh, how I love British weather. 
I am so happy that exams are over but it's also so weird having no revision to do and more importantly actually being able to see my floor as for the past however many weeks it has just been covered in several revision guides, mind maps and of course flash cards. 
On Saturday I volunteered with cadets to help marshal a Breast Cancer Care walk in Bakewell and it was called a Pink Ribbon Walk and participants were able to do 5, 10 or 20 miles. The weather wasn't the best for the day but everyone was in high spirits and it was so lovely to see everyone really cheery. Even though I got up at 5.30, that was very difficult, it honestly didn't seem that early. It has rained all through the night on Saturday, so it seemed inevitable that it would be raining on Sunday too and the rain didn't let us down. We all got soaked and the rain never seemed to stop, but I got a free bacon sandwich out of it. The walk itself was located in a very picturesque place and I enjoyed watching the clouds hug the trees behind me, unfortunately my phone didn't quite capture how pretty  it was. 


I hope you all have a lovely week doing whatever you are doing.

Goodbye x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Helping brings happiness

Hey there Earthling cheesecakes, I sit here and I'm conscious that I have a mountain of uni stuff to read on this reading week and I'm also conscious that I didn't post on my blog last week and although I don't mind missing a week because I'm busy and didn't want to rush a post, I also hate missing a week because I feel like I'm letting myself down. So here I am before I get lost in a book that weights at least 4 stone, posting this weeks update and it's an important one.  Right now it's the 9th of November and I'm sat here in my room looking out the window to a grey and murky day. It's definitely time for the big coat to come out, and I now have to sit and wait a bit for my windscreen to clear. The festive menus have arrived in Starbucks and I can highly recommend the Fudge Hot Chocolate. The Christmas adverts are starting to come on TV and everywhere is starting to get a bit more magical as the build up to festivities begin.  Unfortuna