Skip to main content

Weekly Ramble #4

Hello Earthlings,

Are you ready? I have news. Not like it is life changing news or anything but I'm going to tell you anyway. Why, you ask? Because it is a weekly ramble...I have no idea if you can sense this but if I was saying this face to face to you right now then I would probably have pig tails in, be jumping up and down and I'd resemble that really hyperactive girl on TV programs that everyone gets annoyed with. I don't even know. Anyway, back onto the news...I have got a summer job! It's only working in an office and it is only until September, but that's fine with me because I'll be starting sixth form then anyway. I went for an interview Monday, got offered the job on Wednesday and did my first day Thursday...busy bee. I'm enjoying having responsibility and I'm enjoying being treated like an adult, obviously I know I'm not because I'm still only 16, but I think that by the time it comes to me leaving this job I will have gained some valuable experience that I can continue using in life. 

The main thing that has happened this week was prom! I'm sure many of you already knew that because there was a lot of proms this week so Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat etc. were all full of prom pictures...I hold my hand up to being guilty of this. To say that I wasn't really looking forward to prom I had a great night. It was lovely to see everyone dressed up and everyone collectively making an effort. On the way to the venue Caitlin looked at me and said "This it it, this is the end of school" and it was weird, because I had never really thought of any of it like that before. I mean sure yeah when I left school I didn't want to leave but I always had the safety barrier of there being prom to see everyone again and make more memories. But now that is all gone and it's so weird. Ever since year 7 I spoke about prom but as I sit and type this, it is all over... I am glad I went though. I enjoyed it so much. Goodbye Whittington Green. 

But of course, here have a collage from prom...



I came across a quote the other day that I think we could all learn from. Putting my hands up now, I admit to being guilty of often being pessimistic rather than being optimistic but I am slowly being more positive about things. I think this will help a few people, maybe even one but one is better than none, right? I found this picture of the quote so Merry Christmas Humans. Just a little something to think about. 


Right now I'm going to eat my body weight in mozzarella cheese, melted of course, and probably watch Netflix. 

Until next time,
Goodbye x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Helping brings happiness

Hey there Earthling cheesecakes, I sit here and I'm conscious that I have a mountain of uni stuff to read on this reading week and I'm also conscious that I didn't post on my blog last week and although I don't mind missing a week because I'm busy and didn't want to rush a post, I also hate missing a week because I feel like I'm letting myself down. So here I am before I get lost in a book that weights at least 4 stone, posting this weeks update and it's an important one.  Right now it's the 9th of November and I'm sat here in my room looking out the window to a grey and murky day. It's definitely time for the big coat to come out, and I now have to sit and wait a bit for my windscreen to clear. The festive menus have arrived in Starbucks and I can highly recommend the Fudge Hot Chocolate. The Christmas adverts are starting to come on TV and everywhere is starting to get a bit more magical as the build up to festivities begin.  Unfortuna