Skip to main content

Shopping Finds

Hello Earthlings,

This is a little bit different to what I would usually post - sure, I love to shop but I never really share anything I find on my blog. Well, that is changing...for today's post anyway. Today consisted of dragging Jack, aka my wonderful boyfriend/bag carrier, around Meadowhall with the intention of doing lots of Christmas shopping. Unfortunately I didn't do as much Christmas shopping as I would have liked because I just couldn't find anything that I really wanted to gift to anyone. Oh, and if you don't know what Meadowhall is, it's a big shopping centre in Sheffield and I know that many of you will say that it is probably too early to start Christmas shopping but in reality I started in August so ha ha, the joke is on you. Is it? Does that even make sense? I just don't know.

Anyway, I managed to find some purchases that I loved so I decided to dedicate this week's blog post to them so that you lovely people can see them. Let us continue...

1. Christmas Cheer Plaques - Candletime, £7.99

The plaque reads "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear", I personally adore this quote as it is on my favourite Christmas film - Elf, of course. So when I saw it it was definitely not a want but more of a need.



2. Sharpies - WHSmith, £7.99

HOW CAN YOU SAY NO WHEN YOU SAVE £10?! Exactly, you can't. The offer is save £10 on said packet of Sharpies when you buy anything else in store...anything. Please, from a stationery lover to a fellow human being please just treat yourself to some wonderful Sharpies.



3. Body Shop Mascara - £10
    Body Shop Tea Tree Squeaky Clean Scrub - £7.00 
    Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace Body Spray - £14.00

I decided to throw all of these into one picture to make it look a bit more interesting. I have never tried the Body Shop mascara but I do have high hopes for it. The Squeaky Clean scrub has recently been a life saver for me and I highly recommend it, my skin feels so smooth and it is actually the only facial scrub that hasn't caused me to have an increase in spots. The body spray is a personal favourite of mine for many reasons, it is just amazing.




These photos are by no means professional and I don't claim that they are, they're simply taken on my iPhone 5s and transferred here, I do apologise for the lack of quality.

Until next week,

Lia x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a ...

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,...

Phrases I Hate

Hey Earthlings! We all have those phrases or quotes or sometimes just words that when we hear them it makes our blood boil and our neck do that funny thing where you kind of go "bleurghuohui". You know what I mean? I've taken a few of them, listed them here and told you exactly why I hate them. Let me know if there's some more you hate. "There's someone out there worse off than you" Yes, this may be the case and I hope they come out of their situation feeling all the joys of spring but just because there is someone out there with more issues than you're feeling, it does not mean your experiences and feelings are invalid. If you are trying to comfort someone and make them feel better about their situation in what way is, "ah well don't worry, Tina down the road is way worse off than you are" going to make them feel better? EXACTLY. It won't. End of, let's just entirely blow this phrase away. "Respect your elders"...