Skip to main content

Blogmas Day 7: Preparation

Elflings,

Tomorrow is the day that the Greens go festive aka I wrap myself up in tinsel, lights and wear baubles as earrings and sing Christmas songs very loud and very out of tune whilst we put the decorations up. My original plan for today's post was going to be a gingerbread house, but it hasn't been made yet ha so PLOT TWIST, it's a shorter post than usual with a me not shoving Christmas down your throat quite as much.

I decided to give this post the title "preparation" because really that's what my evening has consisted of. My mum likes to completely blitz the living room before we put the decorations up, so that happened, and we found a spider that ended up getting run over by a cabinet (accidentally) and somehow survived with a possible broken leg. Mummy G did the good deed and put it outside whilst I screamed on the sofa thinking it was going to attack me.

All this happened whilst DJ Lia was flicking through music channels and singing Christmas songs very loud and very out of key. It is a very good job we live in a detached house.

I'm sure you have guessed that tomorrow's post will be completely dedicated to putting the Christmas decorations up so you'll have lots of lovely photos of the tree and Santa and tinsel and me attempting to put tinsel on the dog and her not cooperating (happens every year).

I really hope they're wrong about the weather that's meant to be coming over the weekend because I don't fancy the snow, which is odd because I used to love it but now I'm at the age where it's a bit eh. I can't wake up on a weekday and wait for the local radio station to announce that my school isn't going to open today. Every time I try and build a snowman, it fails. And, it's bloody cold but that's obvious. I like looking at snow and I love seeing my dog in it because she loves it, and to a certain extent I do like it. I just like it where it doesn't really cause too much damage to my plans or my family's plans and whatnot, but as you get older I think it just gets in the way. Also, I do not want to try and drive in the snow, me and Tilly (the Toyota) will not have a good time.

My plan tomorrow is to aim to get lot's of things ticked off various to-do lists in terms of trying to complete Christmas buying and whatnot and cards and uni stuff because apparently that isn't put on hold for me to do exciting Christmas things...rude.

Until tomorrow,
Lia x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a ...

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,...

Phrases I Hate

Hey Earthlings! We all have those phrases or quotes or sometimes just words that when we hear them it makes our blood boil and our neck do that funny thing where you kind of go "bleurghuohui". You know what I mean? I've taken a few of them, listed them here and told you exactly why I hate them. Let me know if there's some more you hate. "There's someone out there worse off than you" Yes, this may be the case and I hope they come out of their situation feeling all the joys of spring but just because there is someone out there with more issues than you're feeling, it does not mean your experiences and feelings are invalid. If you are trying to comfort someone and make them feel better about their situation in what way is, "ah well don't worry, Tina down the road is way worse off than you are" going to make them feel better? EXACTLY. It won't. End of, let's just entirely blow this phrase away. "Respect your elders"...