Skip to main content

Hello 2017

Hello Earthlings,

As I sit here watching Legally Blonde I can't quite get my head around the fact that it is 2017, I'm sure I blinked and missed the entirety of 2016. But, I hope you all had a lovely festive season and don't worry about the whole eating one too many mince pies or chocolates or biscuits...or any of that, I mean we all start our healthy eating at the beginning of a new year. I also want to say that if you have read any of my posts or read them regularly or whatever, thank you so much. I really can't sum up how much I appreciate it, so I hope you continue on my adventure into the real life throughout 2017. Happy New Year, I hope you have a safe and rewarding year full of happiness and health.

I decided to try out the whole "new year, new me" type of thing again, but I don't really know what I want to end up being. This year is a big year in terms of education and I guess it is kind of the last year of having a set thing to be doing, I chose to stay in school for A-levels so the past year and a bit has been very much the same as most of my life but it changes this year. I can hand on my heart say I have no idea where this year is going to take me but I hope to try new things, meet new people, make amazing memories and be genuinely happy. 

I know that every year has its downs but we all eventually get through them and we will all be stronger at the end of it. So, I say that we all collectively join together and make 2017 the best year. Oh, and don't feel guilty for treating yourself to some unhealthy food at any point. 

For the first time in my life I'm not going to ramble and I'll end this short and sweet (like me). 

So enjoy this picture from Pinterest and I shall see you next week! 


Lia x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a ...

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,...

Phrases I Hate

Hey Earthlings! We all have those phrases or quotes or sometimes just words that when we hear them it makes our blood boil and our neck do that funny thing where you kind of go "bleurghuohui". You know what I mean? I've taken a few of them, listed them here and told you exactly why I hate them. Let me know if there's some more you hate. "There's someone out there worse off than you" Yes, this may be the case and I hope they come out of their situation feeling all the joys of spring but just because there is someone out there with more issues than you're feeling, it does not mean your experiences and feelings are invalid. If you are trying to comfort someone and make them feel better about their situation in what way is, "ah well don't worry, Tina down the road is way worse off than you are" going to make them feel better? EXACTLY. It won't. End of, let's just entirely blow this phrase away. "Respect your elders"...