Skip to main content

Twenty

Hello Earthlings!

As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi.

Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a "grown up". Maybe we're only limited to a handful of those staring out of the window looking all sad and Hollywood in our lives and I wasted one of them on wishing I was 13. Honestly Lia.

13 came around and I was probably your typical 13 year old (back in the 2012 days and not Fortnite era), my birthday cake probably summed it up as it was a personalised One Direction cake. I was a Harry Styles kinda girl, but obviously he wasn't quite up there with Justin Bieber who I was that obsessed with I can still tell you the time he was born and recite the Never Say Never film word for word. I probably definitely thought I was a grown up and obviously cooler than younger me who had a flashing Hannah Montana scooter which I used to scoot down the hill on and then sit on at the bottom and try and push myself back up the hill. Why, you ask? I'd love to know. Anyway, as my teenage years went on I realised I wasn't really that much of a grown up and still needed lots of help with everything.

Then 18 and 19 came along and so did phone bills, car insurance, uni and the scariest of all...going into the dentist without my mum, and I realised that yeah I'm growing up and all that jazz. Not growing up in the sense of all serious and blah de blah because I can guarantee, that will never happen as I don't like taking myself too seriously. So, I'm just still gonna be an oddball but I'm happy with that! Obviously I knew 20 was going to arrive it just seems a bit mad that it has.

For example, when I turned 10 I was all "ooh the next decade I'm going to hit is 20 and that's all weird but a bit cool" then boom 20 arrives and it's suddenly the next decade is 30 and that's way too grown up. Am I meant to have my life together by then? Will I finally participate in "self-care" by then? Will I still put a tonne of pressure on myself to complete 240758 tasks in one day? Who knows? Because I do not which scares me and excites me all at the same time.

I hope that in my twenties... I never stop learning because my whole education experience will be over during this time and I don't want to ever stop learning new things.

I hope that in my twenties... I make decisions that will make myself happy, I always make decisions based on what I think other people want me to do and I think I need to stop that and decide what will benefit me.

I hope that in my twenties... I go on lots of new adventures, near and far and always appreciate the amazing countryside I'm so lucky to live close to.

I hope that in my twenties... I manage to do some "grown up" things that kind of terrify me but bring loads of new opportunities and exciting chapters.

I hope that in my twenties... I don't lose my appreciation for the simple things in life, like daffodils and "drive safe" texts and laughing a lot over silly things.

I hope that in my twenties... I continue doing the things I love and appreciate every opportunity I get.

I hope that in my twenties... I am happy. 

I've had the loveliest birthday weekend, I'm surrounded by so many incredible people who I love dearly and I'm so very lucky.

Welcome to my twenties!

Lots of love, Lia x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,