Skip to main content

Dear Future Self

Good morning,
It isn't morning, but hey-ho. 
This blog will be a letter to my future self, so it probably won't be very interesting. But let's go with it and 'YOLO' it as the youth of today say. The inspiration from this post is from the dearest Katie, hey there, I think it's a lovely idea to write a letter now as a naive 16 year old and look back on it at a later date and see what has changed. Hmm, a 10 year gap is a bit much so I think I shall stick with 5 years which will make me 21. 

Dear 21 year old Lia,
I'd start with the casual how are you, but there's more that I want to know so I shall just start with some basic questions. Do you still drink tea like an old woman does, or have you moved onto something stronger? Do you still have karaoke sessions via Snapchat with Ailish and Katie? (or does Snapchat not exist anymore?) Are oatmeal and raisin cookies still the greatest thing to grace this planet? Does Taylor Swift still 'shake it off'? (haters gonna hate, hate, hate) Do you still agree that you would go to extreme cases so you can see Arctic Monkeys live? Have you seen Lion King yet? Are you still absolutely terrified of moths, bees and most cats? 

Okay, moving onto the bigger picture now. How did A-Levels go? 16 year old you is currently revising for GCSE's and counting down to the last day at school. Did you stick with the three A-Levels you originally chose or did you change your mind? In case you forgot, the three were English Language, English Literature and Psychology. Swiftly helps to move onto my next question, are you in university? Did you decide against university or are you there? If you are, are you studying journalism? Or did you change your mind? Right now, journalism is what you have your heart set on and nothing is changing your mind. 

Is driving as amazing as you imagined it to be? 16 year old cannot wait to drive, she's basically counting down the days. Do you still want a Range Rover and a Porsche? The one thing you want to do when you pass your test is go on a really long car journey and have Arctic Monkeys on full blast (sorry Mum), have you done that? If the answer to that is no then stop reading right here and go and do it. 

Is your horoscope still very accurate? 

Are you confident with your appearance and who you are? Right now you aren't but you're making steps to change (I'm sure steps to change is a debt thing...) I hope that because you've gained more life experience now you have taken more opportunities and at least done some travelling by now. That's one of the main goals that 16 year old you has, to travel a lot and meet new people and have new experiences. I hope you do that, if you don't I shall be very disappointed and find a new human to live inside of. 

Have you moved out yet? If so, do you still have loads of mugs? Currently, your mum has banned you from buying more mugs because we have nowhere to put them which makes you very sad because you love mugs. Also, do you have pictures, quotes and candles all around your house/apartment? I imagine you do because that is currently what your room looks like. Did you ever manage to get out of bed straight away? Or do you still click snooze 47286 times? 

16 year old you would love to see more of her family a lot more often. Have you done that yet? Don't waste opportunities. Go and see them, get to know your family that don't live close by. Make memories!

One last thing I can think of, did your Instagram ever get less selfie-ish? It's currently selfie after selfie. 

I hope you have ticked some things off your bucket list and I hope you haven't completely messed up your life already. 

Lots of love,
16 year old Lia x



I shall hopefully be posting another update on Sunday, soooo goodbye Earthlings x

Comments

  1. Dear 21 year old Lia,
    don't stop karaoke snapchatting Ailish! who else will she karaoke with when she is 22? (Cue Tay Tay Swizzle song)
    love 17 year old Ailish

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &