Skip to main content

Lia and Fitness?

Good morning/afternoon/evening,

This is just a little blog update to let my 3 reading humans know that I am in fact still alive even though I am proving to be terrible at writing a blog. Recently though, I have been very inspired for current projects, future projects and working on my own happiness.
The current thing stopping me start a few of these projects is the fact that in less than a month my GCSE exams start, and in case any new people do read this and have already done GCSEs and know that really compared to other 'stuff' in life GCSEs aren't really a big deal - I already agree with you however I want to pass sooo projects must wait!

I am one of those people who have never been comfortable in my own skin, I always feel self-conscious in tight fitting clothes and would much rather wear a baggy t-shirt that is 4 sizes too big for me however I have decided that this summer I want to feel comfortable in shorts and a crop top. I want to see photographs of me having fun and not caring that my stomach is showing a little, because currently I don't enjoy it. This has been an issue for me for as long as I can remember, I always envy people who are happy with their figure because I'm not. Is it their fault I'm not comfortable? No, well done them for being proud of their body! Now, I am going to take more care of my body. Not just in the whole losing weight etc. but in all of it. I am going to have to live in this skin until I die so I am saying no thank you to premature wrinkles etc.
My advice to people like me is: if you want to lose weight or tone up or get fitter then do it...but do it for you! Don't do it for the satisfaction of other people, do it to please you! So you feel confident. Another thing, you see a moisturiser that you like but is 'too expensive for such a small bottle' treat yourself. If you can't treat yourself once in a while then I think it is time to give up. Do things to make you happy, I promise it will be worth it.
Update on the Lia being comfortable in own skin movement:
I went for a jog yesterday. I have come to the conclusion that I am extremely unfit and my legs are crying.



I think it is important to appreciate the little things in life and recently one of the little things that have made me smile are summer nights. I know, I know, it is only April and it isn't summer yet but in the Easter holidays my friend Katie and I had a day in town and then went and sat on some swings and watched it turn dark around us and just had a chat about everything and anything. I think it's important to do that, I am lucky to have a lot of people who I can have a laugh and a joke with but also turn to when I am sad. On this day with Katie, we went on a car drive as the sun was setting and it was a beautiful sunset so I tried to capture a photo however taking a picture in a moving car isn't always easy and this was the end result...



I couldn't leave this post with just two pictures as it is sending me crazy just thinking about it so I shall think of another topic to ramble on about for a bit to provide a picture with. Sound good? Ok.
Oooh, Katie has just helped me think of a topic 'clothes, me, food, ME' was the response I got from her. This small human also has a blog, click here for Katie's blog, and reading her posts always inspire me. She's a positive one and helps me a lot, I am eternally grateful and I don't show it a lot. So here is a selfie to say thank you.

Hopefully this is the start of Lia-actually-blogging-regularly-and-being-a-good-blogging-person however I am not promising anything. I'm going to steal Katie's 'Letter to my Future Self' so hopefully that will be posted one day this week.

Until then,
Goodbye Earthlings x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &