Skip to main content

Weekly Ramble #5

Hello Earthlings,

Would you look at this, 5 weeks into the Weekly Rambles and I am still keeping them up to date. I honestly have no idea how this is happening because I'd usually just forget. But no, it is now part of my Sunday routine. Come on, let's have a little dance party - it's deserved. Get some Spice Girls on and away you go! It doesn't have to be the Spice Girls...I just feel like that is an appropriate theme song for this mini achievement. I don't know where I'm going with this, I'm going to stop now.

On Monday, I had my induction for sixth form and not going to lie I was absolutely terrified The thought of going to a new school and leaving everything I've always known behind was very daunting. The Monday morning traffic did not help in the slightest and I only just made it in time, which for me just added stress because I like to arrive at least ten minutes early for something but hey ho. It also felt weird because for the past couple of years I've watched TV shows like Skins and the Inbetweeners and because I was only 14, I watched them and thought 'wow, they are so much older than I am'. But at the beginning of these shows, they were all starting sixth form/college and I am now the same age as the characters in those shows and that is such a weird thing for me. In the end though there was no need to be terrified and it turned out to be quite a good day actually.

Nice little paragraph about the weather for you now, okay so in Britain it rains. All year round. Rain. Rain. More rain. But this week, we have had what the news readers have been calling a 'heat wave', which in British terms translates to 'it was hot for like two days and then continued raining' but for those two days it was very hot. I think on one of the days it got to 33 degrees in Chesterfield, which is considered tropical. Of course though, us British lot complained about the heat, as we complain about everything. We say we want the hot weather and the sunshine and then we complain about the hot weather and the sunshine, really there is no pleasing us. Moving swiftly on from the sunshine and Britain's two day summer, thunderstorms. I know in some places it wasn't very bad but I'd say where I live it was pretty horrible. Normally, I love thunder and lightning but when my room lit up at 3am on Saturday morning I wasn't particularly amused. I may or may not have spent the next hour and a half singing the Thunder Buddy song to myself - okay, I did (don't judge me okay, I was scared). The thunder was so loud it honestly sounded like it was right outside my window and the lightning fully lit my room up through my curtains. It was horrible. So many people slept straight through it, me on the other hand woke up at 3am and managed to get back to sleep once it had stopped around 4am...not ideally how I wanted to spend the early hours of Saturday morning. Also, got caught in a mini thunderstorm (the ones I like) running into Staples in Sheffield with my Mum this afternoon. I honestly do not know what is going on with this British weather. Shocking.

This week seems to have gone really slowly, not in a bad 'oh, this week has dragged' kind of way. More of a, it feels like about 3 weeks has passed in this one week. I kind of like that, I don't like it when I feel like I've wasted a week or something because at the end of the day, you won't ever get that day back and you could have done something productive in that day. I can't believe it is July already, I feel like I've blinked and missed the first six months of 2015, I remember New Year's Eve and taking the 'first selfie of 2015' with my Dad in matching minion onesies (we are a cool family, okay), like it was yesterday. We are in the second half of the year, goodness me.

As we all know, I don't like posting a blog post without adding a picture. So this weeks picture is going to be a picture from this evening, just before I typed all this actually, it is a selfie of Katie and myself (she gets mentioned far too much in this blog) from being at hers for a BBQ with my second family. In other words, I just show up and eat their food but still. I like to call this selfie the 'my face isn't cooperating today so I'm going to do a cool kid pose and put my hand over it' pose.



Have a lovely week humans :) 
Until next time, goodbye x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &