Skip to main content

Dinner Party Guest List

Hello Earthlings,

I would like to start by saying I hope that you have all had a lovely Easter weekend and spent it however you enjoy. Also, I was scrolling through a list of blog ideas a while back and found this, a list of 10 people you would invite for dinner. I am assuming that these people can be dead or alive so I pulled out my thinking cap, metaphorically of course, and realised it was actually quite difficult to come up with a concise list of people but here we go, I also decided to make 5 of my list real people and then the last 5 are fictional yet fab characters. 

1. Elvis Presley
This was a no-brainer, I don't think I have any real important reason as to why I would like to have dinner with Elvis other than the fact that I adore his music.

2. Emily Davison
Emily Davison was one of the most famous Suffragette's and was the woman who threw herself in front of the King's Horse at the Epsom Derby in 1913, she died because of the injuries she sustained there. I am sure that some would say that was a stupid thing to do, but to me it shows that she was extremely passionate about what she believed in and refused to give up. I have always been interested in the Suffragette Movement ever since I heard of it in about year 8 but because I only have a list of 10 people I shall stick with Emily Davison. (P.S. if you want to learn more about the Suffragette's but don't fancy reading up on them then there is a film ironically titled "Suffragette" (2015)  that I would recommend a gazillion times).

3. Sir Barnes Wallis
Sir Barnes Wallis was an English engineer, scientist and inventor. He is best known for inventing the bouncing bomb used by the RAF in Operation Chastise (the Dambusters raid) to attack the dams of the Ruhr Valley in World War II. Again, if you would like to learn more about this but would rather sit and watch a film instead of reading through research then get yourself a copy of "The Dam Busters" (1955). I just have so many questions that I would love to ask him.

4. Malala Yousafzai
Malala is 18 years old, a Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest-ever Nobel Prize laureate. Her story is so incredible, I have recently started to read her book and I am already finding it gripping. This young woman is so inspirational, I would love to meet her even if it was just to say thank you. Thank you for inspiring me. Malala was just 14 when a masked man held a gun to her held whilst she was on her way to school. Instead of just being the girl who the Taliban shot Malala used her voice to stand up for those whose voices cannot be heard. Malala should be an inspiration for us all.

5. Guy Martin
He just seems like a really cool guy. I'm not going to lie before today I hadn't really heard much about him but then I watched a bit of the "Wall of Death" world record attempt and I have come to the conclusion that he is a pretty cool guy.

6. Phoebe Buffay
I reckon I could learn a lot from her and she's hilarious so it cannot be a bad dinner party.

7. Dominic Toretto
The Fast and Furious film series are some of my all time favourite films. Come on, you know it would be pretty fab to be sat on the backyard surrounded by some cool people and some great cars on the drive.

8. Elle Woods
 I am ashamed to say that in my 17 years of life it was only recently that I saw Legally Blonde. But let's be honest now, Elle Woods is just someone we all want to be our friend. She's great. We could go from a dinner party to the courtroom, busy busy busy. 

9. Jay Gatsby
Okay so I have this planned out, I get picked up in his yellow car and we drive past the Valley of Ashes etc until we end up in New York and I get to listen to all of his wonderful stories about being an Oxford man and his past with Daisy. But Daisy cannot be there because I do not like her, if you haven't read the book or watched the film then I won't give too much away.

10. Serena van der Woodsen
I really do not need to explain this because she is fabulous. I'd have to ask how to achieve a style that resembles her hair as well because mine likes to remain as flat as a pancake. 

So that is my list. Of course, I will post this and think "ooh I should have added them!" etc but currently here is my dinner party. 

Thank you for reading and I shall have another post soon!

Lia x

P.S. My picture for this post is hopefully very inspirational to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &