Skip to main content

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings,

One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us.

I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now, I'm sure as I get older and have to act responsible then I won't get all of this time off). Also, in a weird way it is almost as if it is a gentle reminder from nature that we have to keep going with the flow and it is always nice to think of things in a positive manner - especially with all the negativity that happens so regularly in the world.

Recently, I have been feeling really content with how things are in my life, this summer I have tried to focus more on becoming the person I would like to be which I think is really important to anyone. I have no doubt in my mind that in the years coming the person who I am may change a few times but in my head I'd hope it to only be for a positive reason and not go spiralling south. I've also started bulk preparing for blogs, I'm not a fan of using the word 'bulk' as it just sounds a bit too clumpy for my liking and as though no effort has been put into them but I can promise you it has and I'm very excited for when the time comes for these blogs to be published. I'd say I have been fairly productive this summer but I have also been fairly busy so there are some things I haven't managed to tick off my to-do list but that is okay. 

Last week, my mum and I went down to London for the day and I loved it. We went to the British Library and the National Gallery and indulged in some culture there, proceeded to wander around Covent Garden and we stopped for lunch at Sophie's Steakhouse which was so nice - I ordered a chicken avocado salad and that was the first time in my 17 years of living that I have ever ordered a salad off a menu but I have no regrets. Of course, we made the trip to Primrose Bakery, aka my favourite bakery in the entire world, and ate our chosen cupcakes on the steps outside the Novello Theatre. By this point we were beginning to get slightly overheated as the temperature reached 32 degrees Celsius - plus side, I ended up with a lovely tan line from my watch. Then we did some shopping, where I had to replace my chosen comfy shoes with some flip flops as they had failed in their challenge to keep me comfy for a day. By the time it came to our train in the evening I can quite happily say that I was cream crackered but had a wonderful day and made some amazing memories with my Mum. 




I would like to take a minute to say to all the people a similar age to myself to enjoy the last week of the summer holidays off because pretty soon we will all be up early again and sitting in school all day. Enjoy the sleep whilst you can.

Until next week,
Lia x 

Comments

  1. Hey, it sounds like you're having tonnes of fun right now!

    I'm glad you're having a great summer holiday- although it is coming to an end!

    Thank you for your positivity!

    Love from your friends at http://www.trythinkingfemale.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip to London sounds just lovely, it's great to read such a positive post about someone really embracing life! I have also been bulk prepping blog posts recently, it makes things so much easier when you have a busy week!

    Abbey ✨ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had such a lovely summer, London is so much fun to visit but 32 degrees sounds intense!

    I really liked your point about the changing of the seasons - I love the idea that nature is telling us not to worry and to let go of the past, that makes me so happy for some reason!

    Hope you enjoy school when you go back!

    Beth x
    www.adventureandanxiety.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a nice read, I'm so glad you're having a good summer before school starts again! Great post lovely X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &