Skip to main content

Back to School and September Goals

Hello Earthlings,

In the upcoming week I shall be returning back to sixth form, as will many others into school and sixth form and university and whatnot, which is why I decided to write a post on the whole concept of going back to school. I'm looking forward too being back in a routine however I'm not so keen on the early mornings and actually going back to school - sleep sounds so much more appealing. But I am looking forward to the days getting more autumnal and of course, the build up to Christmas which is naturally a very exciting time.

I thought I'd address some common back to school feelings, many people dread going back to school, and not just because of having to leave their bed, I have experienced this before and it just makes you feel really low because you have to spend so much time in one place surrounded by the same people day in day out. I don't advise you to get out of school, it is scary to think that in this day and age a lot of our future depends on how we do during our teenage years. I urge you to not let other people control your happiness, you deserve to be happy when you are in and out of school - if you have people who are making you feel unhappy, please just find some support from anywhere. Whether it be family, someone in school, someone in a workplace, online friends or anyone; just please get support. There are so many people out there who will listen to you, I promise. You shouldn't have to dread going to school because of other people, you only have one chance to get this right so pretty please don't mess it up because of other people. 

A big task for me this year is applying for universities which means the joys of writing a personal statement. I can't say I'm enjoying this as I'm not really good at making myself sound absolutely amazing because that just isn't the type of person that I am. I thought I would mention this as I'm sure many people feel the same way. My advice would be to keep going as I'm sure we'll all get there at some point soon. 

I have seen a few blog posts with September goals in them so I decided to set myself some in order to get back into productivity and organisation.

1. Finish the blogs that I have started to write in bulk so I'm not rushing last minute and feeling unhappy with them. 

2. Start year 13 with a positive attitude and maintain the positive attitude to enable me to do my very best this school year.

3. Work harder at healthy eating and look for more healthy meals so I have half a chance at sticking to this healthy eating malarkey. Wish me luck!

I definitely feel that the way I have set the goals out feels a little bit like a Georgia Nicolson diary entry, speaking of which it terrifies me that when I first saw the film I was 9 and the girls then were about 14 maybe ("enjoy being fourteen?!" is a key line that I remember) but now I'm 17 and I just feel a teeny tiny bit old. 

So, I wish you all the best of luck in your first week of school!

Until next week,
Lia x 

P.S. As I was looking for inspiration for what to use as my picture this week I came across this quote on Pinterest which fits with what I was saying previously, so enjoy :) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &