Skip to main content

Autumn Days

Hello Earthlings,

I'd like to start by saying that I apologise for the two weeks I haven't posted, I've been super busy and I didn't want to write a post that would be a load of babble. I'd also like to add how overwhelmed I was by the response to my post about being an air cadet, I really hope it inspired at least someone. So, thank you to everyone who shared it and commented - it really meant a lot. 

Now back to the point, I hope that as you saw the title Autumn Days you continued by singing "when the grass is jewelled and the silk inside a chestnut shell" and the rest obviously because I did. But I guess it's obvious as to what today's post is about, however in case it isn't...it is about autumn and a few things I love about it.

Colours 
The colours in autumn are so beautiful. It makes me so happy to go somewhere and see the trees changing from green to all the yellows, reds and oranges and then the leaves start falling to the floor and you walk on them and they crunch under your feet. It's all so wonderful, unless of course you walk on a pile of leaves that have dog poop under them or something grim like that. I hope you all have fun crunching leaves and have an entire season with poop free shoes. 






Autumn Clothing
Dark dresses, big jumpers, long coats and boots. What isn't there to love? Big jumpers are easily the greatest invention on the planet, I mean who would want to wear a jumper that fits them when you could have one at least three sizes too big for you? Exactly, I don't know either. Sure, I love summer clothes and not having to wear a coat or a jacket etc but there comes a time when you just want to wrap up and snuggle and be cosy. Autumn is that time, enjoy.






Bonfire Night
...aka my favourite night of the entire year. Closely followed by New Years Eve, funnily enough they both include fireworks. I love fireworks, they're so pretty. I used to love drawing the Catherine Wheels in primary school when it got close to Bonfire Night and then spelling my name out with a sparkler, I always wondered why I could do it loads and loads but some people could only do it a few times but then I realised that my name only has 3 letters. Perks of being called Lia. Plus, Bonfire Night is the night where I see my best friends and take the obligatory selfie to keep tradition. This year I'm even more excited because I haven't seen them in ages because they've buggered off to university. I hope you all enjoy the firework displays, but please be careful with your pets as I hate to think of them being scared. 

The Sky
I know this is a bit of a "well the sky appears in every season" but in autumn it gets lighter later which often means that I get to see the sun come up on the bus to school and the sunset seems to be more orange and beautiful. I just love the sky.

I thought I'd include some pictures of my trip to Curbar with my lovely family. 






Even though I love all the amazing things that come from Autumn, tomorrow I am buggering off to Spain until Friday so have a lovely week.
Until next Sunday,
Lia x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &