Skip to main content

The Sunny South of Spain

Hello Earthlings,

I apologise for the lack of activity in the past week or so, I returned from my adventures last Friday night and was so tired and just wanted to chill so I didn't really get around to writing my blog post so I thought that today I would write you all a lovely post about my recent holiday with Jack to the south of Spain. Before I properly get into that I just want to say thank you to everyone who has ever viewed my blog because as  I logged on today I realised that I'd reached 6090 views which is kind of a big deal to me. I know I know it isn't like a million or whatever but I'm rather proud of how far this little page has come especially considering half the time I probably make 0 sense and ramble on but hey ho, celebrate every tiny victory.

For two humans who get confused by day to day tasks it was safe to say that we were going to struggle in the airport. We arrive at around 4am about 2 hours before our flight just as the airports like you to be and I can't bloody tell you how many times I got lost in between these hours. Then we waited...and waited...and waited. By the time this exciting endeavour was over I had already given myself the title of Airport Pro. Although I did not enjoy the queues on the way back, Brits are good at queuing I will give us that however it didn't half take the mick.

Onwards and upwards... (Do you see what I did there? The plane goes up?)

We were staying with members of Jack's family so I shall not give you an in depth description of the "hotel" as it was a beautiful house on a very friendly complex up in the hills. We ran a few errands in the village of La Cala de Mijas and I won the game of "I CAN SEE THE SEA!". After lunch, we were much too tired to really do anything so we had a siesta - when in Spain and all that. We went down into the village and had a drink and Jack and I went for a paddle in the sea and it was so clear but some of the waves were very deceiving and me being me ended up with jeans sticking to me. Our plans for Tuesday were very much wandering around the village, looking in various shops, walking along the beach and then deciding to make the trek from the village back up to the hills, it is safe to say I was rather tired and my little legs were doing tiny cries every step I took. 


On Wednesday we went up to a market town up on the mountain and the views from there were incredible but unfortunately my phone didn't do it justice. The market town had a variety of stalls and shops and all the buildings were so white, I'm aware that sounds like a rather stupid comment, but it made me happy how pristine everything was. We also found the best donuts there so naturally Jack had one at every opportunity. At about 12 we went to watch some flamenco dancers in the middle of the square which was great and it really fascinated me how all of the dances mean something completely different. Post-Market we went down to Fuengirola and had some lunch, as it was really warm we decided to go paddling yet I went a little bit too far and the wave was a little bit too big and I got just a little bit soaked. On returning back to the complex we went for a swim in the pool and walked up the hills to see some incredible views. 

Thursday was our last full day so we decided to head to Malaga on the train. Our first stop for the day was the football stadium - naturally Jack's choice. So we walked for what seemed like ages until we finally got there and did the typical tourist photo outside the ground kinda thing. Then it was very much a day of shopping...sorry Jack. Which I loved, there were some amazing shops and I found the most beautiful pair of shoes ever yet I decided against buying them and it's safe to say I'm kicking myself now about it. I definitely recommend going to Malaga as not only is there the shopping to do but there's also a lot of culture there which we didn't have time to go to (just another excuse to go back of course). As it was a birthday in the family we went to a restaurant in the village that was delightful and it was so nice to see the village still bustling with life into the evening.

I can't wait to go back to Spain. Get La Cala de Mijas on your bucket list! 

















Until next week, Lia x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &