Skip to main content

Turning Eighteen

Hello Earthlings,

As I type this now I am a legal adult which I'm not gonna lie sounds a bit weird. So if you want to grab some balloons, cake and some "party hits" then go ahead - you may as well have a good time. Turning eighteen has always been something that's been like "wow" to me, when I was little I imagined that 13 would be really grown up - how wrong was I? But I always thought that when I got to 18 I would have my entire life planned out and I'd know what career I'd want to do and I'd be pretty much set but that isn't the case. To tell you the truth, I have no clue what I'm doing with my life but in a very un-Lia way I'm not actually panicking about it and I'm just taking every day as it comes, look at me getting all philosophical in my old age. I have had a truly special weekend surrounded with people who make me happy and I couldn't really have asked for anything more, so thank you everyone who has made this weekend amazing. You're all complete darlings.

Also, inspired by Mum's "40 things to do at 40" list I decided that I would do an "18 things to do at 18" list so here you go...


1. Go to bingo - DONE!
After having this planned for a year and a half I can now tick this off. I loved bingo!

2. Buy my own alcohol - DONE!
I was probably the most enthusiastic person ever whilst getting my ID out to prove I'm 18...this is probably going to happen a lot as I look approximately 14.

3. Raise £100 for charity
Pretty self-explanatory.

4. Finish my A-Levels
I'm not particularly aiming for A* grades but I would like to finish them just so I know that the grades I get are the grades I deserve because I like to think that I've tried pretty hard during sixth form. If I get into university, I get into university and if I don't then I simply rethink.

5. Watch a sun rise 
I love watching sunsets so much but I definitely want to watch more sun rises this year.

6. Get at least one tattoo
I've grown up with my dad getting several tattoos and over the years I have definitely decided that I'd like to get a few.

7. Build my confidence in swimming
I used to be pretty confident with swimming when I was younger but over the years I have lost it so I think that now I'm an adult

8. Take up a new hobby 
Instead of watching Netflix all summer I feel like it would be pretty cool to do some sort of new hobby.

9. Do the Sheffield TenTenTen and actually run it 
This is a difference to doing about 100 metres and walking in a huffy mess which obviously means that I will have to do some form of exercise other than walking from my bedroom to the kitchen.

10. Start to learn a new language
I feel like this would probably be a cool skill to have.

11. Go on a random road trip 
With no particular destination with loud music and good company. I feel like this would be a pretty decent thing to do at 18.

12. Go to a drive in cinema
I can pretend I'm in Grease.

13. Read Pride and Prejudice 
I feel like it is one of the many classics that I should add to my reading list.

14. Watch Mary Poppins
One of my Mum's favourite films and I have never seen it.

15. Get fit
This may be similar to number 9 but I do think it is probably slightly concerning that I get out of breath walking up the street.

16. Place a bet
Because I can.

17. Go to a cocktail bar 
I bloody love a good cocktail.

18. Try not stress over everything
Probably a big thing if I actually achieve this...



Until next week,
Lia x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &