Skip to main content

Pre-Adventure Ramble

Hello Earthlings,

Today I thought I would throw it back a bit and go to an old school ramble just to keep you lovely humans updated on my life. How exciting can the life of an old woman trapped in an 18 year old's body be, you ask? I do not know but read on and we all may learn something. Of course as it is a Sunday night I recommend a good ol' cuppa to accompany your reading yet you may choose something stronger if you wish. If you read my last post you will have guessed that I have finally finished my A-Levels, you can catch up here, so now I have a free summer (minus work). 

The exciting thing is that this time next week I will be in Portugal and I am very excited and can't wait to lounge around and explore and gain about 5 stone as it is all inclusive. I do not want this week to completely drag so I'm going to try and keep myself as busy as I can, I have quite a bit to do which will all more than likely turn into blog posts at some point in time. A big part of my plans for summer is very much to try and make my blog more central to me and my interests, I don't want to blog about things that I just think everyone else will enjoy because even though I obviously aim to keep readers interested I want to make sure that I am doing what I want. Long story short, if you want to follow along with me getting confused, falling into anything and rambling throughout then I guess you may want to continue reading. I would also like to try and promote my blog more via social media, I always see people on Twitter etc that can do this so well but I just forget so I shall put one of my many notebooks to use to try and help me! Any tips would be greatly appreciated, as I really would like to try and improve this whole little internet space of mine and extend the mother's meeting we have going on.

This weekend has been a pretty chill weekend, yesterday Jack drove us to Manchester to see Blossoms at Castlefield Bowl and they were amazing with good support acts as well which is always a bonus. It was lovely to be sat outside in lovely weather, listening to great music with one of my favourite humans. The drive wasn't that stressful either, there was a point where I thankfully knew where we were when a road was closed so was able to redirect us - I did pretend to use the map to reassure Jack but between me and you, I have no idea how to read a map so for once in my life I was actually right with my common sense. Yes, I know, what a miracle. Then today has been a family day as we went to a local Armed Forces day event and had a wander around then sat down to watch the Inspire Choir which was incredible and was definitely my highlight of the entire day, I proudly sat and sang along to all the songs. Followed by a quick trip to Meadowhall (so busy, why does it need to be so busy?!) for some last minute holiday bits. 

I had so many ideas for what to talk about in this little ramble yet having the memory of a sieve, I have forgotten them all so let's pause for a toilet break whilst I try and rack my brain for another topic. AH, MY WALKING FOR MARY MONTH! In total I raised £474 and managed to smash my £100 target (psa: if you sponsored me on my sponsorship form pretty please can we find a way to meet for the dollar, thank you very much). Thank you everyone who sponsored me, I truly appreciate it and think you're all wonderful humans. In total I did 362,755 steps and would like to say another thank you to my Mum who put up with me walking Pippa with her a great deal and Jack who got dragged on several walks as I did teeny tiny steps in an attempt to reach 10,000 and sang my own rendition of the whole 500 miles song. So thank you once again to everyone who supported me and if you have absolutely no idea what I'm on about then here is where you can find out.



I'm now going to end this ramble and wish you all a very pleasant week. 
Lia x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &