Skip to main content

Cosy Catch Up

Hello Earthlings,

As I sit here and type this the weather today has been incredibly autumnal and rain has been hammering down all afternoon. The heating kicked in and I have been snuggling in a blanket and chilling after a pretty hectic week as I've a had a busy time starting a new chapter aka three years of debt also known as university. In today's post I decided to have a little catch up to talk about a few casual things and whatnot.

I am studying Psychology at Sheffield Hallam and commuting and in the four days that I have been doing the commute I have successfully got lost on my way between campuses although I solely blame my phone's maps for lagging but really, it was probably me. I did find a squirrel though, you know making friends at uni and all that, but then it ran away. Oh, and I got to the platform really early and then nearly missed my train because it came in the station and I was at the wrong platform. I genuinely don't really know how I am a legal adult, I like to think that I'm still in training. So yeah that is going pretty alright, and to anyone who wished me luck and may be reading this right now thank you so much you wonderful humans, I really do appreciate it. 

If you aren't aware, I have a Facebook page now for this little blog and I personally think it would be a great idea to like it so you can get all these wonderful updates of my life. I'm joking about the last bit but it would be great if you liked the page and then we could obviously all be best friends. I started the page to be able to share more content, not just from my posts but of things I see online that are worthy of sharing, for example little acts of kindness and people standing up for what they believe in. I would really like to build up a positive community, even if it is only a small one, based around this blog just so someone has something to smile about at least once in their day. So, if you would like to like my page to see my regular post updates (I am trying to get back into a routine, I promise) then here is the link or you could alternatively search "That Girl With That Blog" in the Facebook search bar and the page should come up. Thank you to everyone who has already supported this new movement. 

In blog news, I have decided to do Blogmas again which I may have already mentioned but I have officially started planning posts for and I'm trying to include things I'm passion about in these posts. I have a bit of a different plan to how my blog will be by the end of the year/start of 2018 (doesn't that sound weird?). At the minute, I kind of just have this vague idea of what I want this new feature to be so I'm looking forward to sitting down and planning it and rejigging everything around so it fits with this whole little vision thing that I have going on in my head. Raven Baxter, who? (That was a reference to That's So Raven in case you were unfamiliar, a TV show that was one of the best of my childhood). So, yes we should hopefully have blast off into some cool bits and bobs on That Girl With That Blog and I hope that you are all looking forward to it! 

I'm a pretty happy bean currently as the season is changing to autumn, every year I get so excited when the leaves start to change and fall off the trees and coats are back in shops and everything gets that little bit colder. It just makes me incredibly happy to be sat cosy with a cuppa watching the world go by. I mean, I love all the seasons but there is something special about autumn that makes me love it that teeny tiny bit more.

I'm going to keep this fairly short and sweet (like me) and wish you all a wonderful rest of the week, weekend and up to when I next post,

Lia x 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &