Skip to main content

Blogmas Day 13: Christmas Jumpers

Elflings,

As I sit here and type this at 23:19 I regret my decision of leaving it this late but being the resident elf of my household I'm able to ramble about Christmas at whatever time. I was being super prepared in my head and I was going to write it whilst sat in my car before I went into work at 5, but I set off late so didn't get the usual 10 minutes that I normally do. I like to get out the car at 52 minutes past the hour, honestly I have no clue why I do this but I feel like it gives me plenty of time to get into work, down to the clocking in machine and say hi to everyone on the way past. I'm such a creature of habit. Anyway, to the festivities!

I personally don't think Christmas would be complete without a Christmas jumper. Or some form of Christmas attire. Whilst sorting my clothes out the other day, I discovered three Christmas jumpers and 2 Christmas tops that both relate to Elf. I'm assuming you lovely people know that Elf is a Christmas film (my favourite Christmas film) but if you didn't you do now and I recommend you watching it, there's still plenty of time! I love a good Christmas jumper, they're comfy and festive and just plain wonderful.

Putting up the tree wouldn't be complete without a Christmas jumper, or singing Christmas songs very loud and very out of tune. It also wouldn't be complete without us having some form of issue in remembering the certain way we put the tree up, we lost the instructions so wing it (common theme in Lia land as winging it is my approach to life). Christmas day...not complete without a Christmas jumper. Christmas morning...you were expecting me to say Christmas jumper weren't you? Well, it's Christmas pyjamas! Last year I wore antlers at work, you know to be extra festive and stuff, but they dropped off my head every time I tried to put something on a shelf. OOOH! Another good festive accessory, earrings! You can't go wrong with a festive pair of earrings. Unfortunately I have no festive earrings, every time I see some I can't afford to spend that £3, the exciting life of a student, but I'll hopefully have some before Christmas.

Now, all that is left for me to do is find some cracking Christmas attire and leave you the links to them. I did this last year and saved you all the effort so you're very welcome. Here we go again! (That made me think of Mamma Mia, how exciting is it that Mamma Mia 2 is released next year?!?!?! As Mamma Mia is my all time favourite film I am beyond excited). Just a warning, if you want to see the pictures then you'll have to use the links for some reason it won't let me add all the ones I just found, how irritating.

First we have elf glasses. These are brilliant. I would 100% wear these, if these don't scream novelty Christmas accessory then I'm done with everything. I mean I say I'd wear these, I'd like to add that I would wear them, if it wasn't for the fact I'm practically blind as a bat without my actual glasses. So, not very practical for such as me but great for anything else. And only £4. You can see them here

I did also just find some elf wellington boots on Asda but they were for children, how unfair? I would love some elf wellies but apparently it wasn't meant to be.

Next we have a Gingle Bells jumper, now I know what you're thinking(!), it's jingle bells, not gingle. Well, here we have the Christmas jumper dedicated to gin. A wee bit pricier than most would pay for a novelty Christmas jumper, it;s £32 but it is fro notonthehighstreet, so it is bound to be good quality! If I could afford it I'd be getting my Mum one. Gingle over here to look!

I think I found the coolest jumper ever, it is glow in the dark with reindeer on it. Maybe no one else quite sees the appeal. It's described as mens but it is just navy blue with patterns of reindeer on it, nothing quite screaming "I must only be worn by a man" so we can all get one. You can look at this masterpiece, there! You were expecting here so I thought I'd mix it up a bit. 

I hope this helped a little in springing some festive attire ideas up, I couldn't find any Christmassy enough earrings to add to this little list. For Christmas jumper ideas, I recommend looking in supermarkets as this year I personally think they've got some nice ones in! If you want to see more of my festive attire then feel free to like the Facebook page for this blog and we can continue having a merry old time. 

I shall leave you for now with a picture of the festive jumper I wore for work today. 
Until tomorrow,
Lia x 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &