Skip to main content

Fitness: A Change

Hello Earthbugs,

This is a quick update on a new thing I'm trying, it's this whole fitness kind of thing. I'm not promising this is going to be the start of regular updating but I am getting there and trust me, you'll know when I am back for good (I hope you all started humming the whole "I want you back for good" lyrics from good ol' Take That). But for now here we go.

Okay so I'm on this mission to get a bit fitter and feel a little bit more confident. I am a big believer in that everyone should feel comfortable in their own skin and fully believe that in order to have a "bikini body" you simply put a bikini on and there you go. I love seeing it when people are confident in their skin and it inspires me to comfortable in my own. But the truth is, I'm far from confident in my own skin. I look in the mirror and there are so many things I wish I could change and I feel like such a fraud because I encourage others to be confident in their own skin and I can't do it with my own.

For my age as well I'd say I'm pretty unfit, it's a bit of a standing joke that I can walk to the bus stop just up the street and be so out of breath. I laugh about it. But I don't like it. I just think I'm lazy and get into this pit of "ah, why am I like this?".

I can tell you why. I'm lazy. I can do my uni work, albeit with a few procrastination breaks, no problem. I can do creative projects, no problem. I can write a blog, no problem. I can cook something new, no problem. But can I look in the mirror and say "okay, you don't like what you see? Let's do something about it"? No, because I ignore it and hope it goes away. But it does not.

For me, this is a very personal post and you may look at me and think "well you aren't exactly overweight so stop being dramatic", and that's okay you can think that. But to me it is a big deal and has been a personal battle of mine for a long time so I'm going to conquer it. I'm posting this because I like to use my blog as some sort if reflective feature for me personally so hi future me. I also thought that maybe just maybe there may be someone somewhere who would like to join in with this little journey and maybe I can encourage someone somewhere.

In the long run this will be beneficial because of all the health benefits that come from exercising and eating well but I'm not some sort of health guru and haven't scrolled through Pinterest enough to have a vague idea so let's focus on the not too distant future. I'd like to be a bit fitter, I'm not aiming for a marathon but potentially a jog where I don't feel like I require oxygen on return. I'd like to look better and healthier. I'd also like to not feel the need to have chocolate/cake/anything incredibly unhealthy at all points of the day, obviously I'm not going to cut it all out because I have far too much of a sweet tooth for that but baby steps. Also, if anyone has any healthy recipes that they'd be willing to share for me to try out then go ahead and I'll accept them willingly.

So, to anyone who feels a bit like a sack of potatoes like myself... we've got this!

Until next time,
Lia x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &