Skip to main content

Life Update Ramble

Hey Earthbugs,

In the summer of 2015 (I want to say) I used to do this thing called Weekly Rambles on my blog and today we're going to bring them back and just ramble about anything and everything that happens to pop into my head. I'm hoping it provides you with a bit of an update as to where I've been as I once again disappeared off the blogging Earth and go from there really. I'd usually say get a cuppa, but maybe a cool drink would be better in this horrible humid weather. But if you'd really like a cuppa, then pop that kettle on and let's get ready for a nice chatty post. 

The last couple of weeks have been hectic, fitting in with working I've been a bridesmaid and consequently had a long weekend visiting relatives in Blackpool and being reunited with other relatives from Yarmouth and Chicago. Of course, this has led to plans to visit Chicago and I'm very excited about them! I've also been to see Little Mix in Derby with my Mum and we had an incredible night (minus the traffic when leaving), they can put on a phenomenal performance and somehow still how amazing, which baffled me. I was never a fan of Little Mix but now I have to say, I love them and I love everything they stand for and think they're pretty fab. After Little Mix, it was a busy weekend full of more music at Tramlines with Jack and that was a wonderful weekend and I got right to the barrier for Jake Bugg which made me very happy. If you do not know who Jake Bugg is then I seriously recommend you listen to him, I may be biased but he's bloody brilliant. Oh and on Monday night I went to the cinema with my Nana to see Mamma Mia Here We Go Again and oh my gosh, it was SO worth the 10 year wait, I want every outfit young Donna wore, Lily James is the perfect choice for young Donna, it was just beautiful. Yes, I cried. All in all, a tad busy but happy.




When I finished uni, I thought "I'll have all this time off and can create lots of content for my blog" and in reality, that hasn't happened quite as much as I liked because I've been working quite a lot and I seem to be absolutely terrible at the whole work/blog balance. But I am going to try and make it a bit more successful because I do enjoy writing. 

It also seems a little bit weird that my first year of uni is already done and that flew by, so how quick are the next two going to be? Then I will be a fully fledged adult and I'm not I can qualify as one of those. I like to hang on the to the fact that I look about 14 and have little responsibilities as a good excuse to avoid adulting. I think I'm also in the stage of I kinda know where I want to be as my goal career, so to speak, but it will take a lot to get there so what do I do in the meantime? My mind has several squiggly lines drawn to different directions and I'm so thankful that I do have 2 years to decide because bloody hell, gone are the days when the most difficult decision was what pencil case you were going to have for the school year.

Jake Bugg @ Tramlines


In terms of blogging, I'm definitely going to start adding more creativity posts into my blog because I thoroughly enjoy making pretty things. I'm also constantly thinking of ways to spread that positive little earthquake around, so bare with people. I'm going to start writing all my ideas in a notebook because that makes marginally more sense than me forgetting something. Be prepared, earthbugs!

I'm also going to the Deep on Sunday so I hope you're ready for a post on that because I'm SO SO SO EXCITED. 

All my love,
Lia x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &