Skip to main content

Life of Lia Update


Hey Earthbugs,

For what feels like the billionth time I have returned from an impromptu break from blogging that I definitely wasn’t planning or wanted but it happened. During this break I have thought a lot about ideas for blog posts, some of which are nestled away in my mind and some that floated away, and I’ve been really motivated to do them but I haven’t had the chance to sit down properly (as I am now, tucked up cosy, in my bed, in my Christmas pyjamas) and if you’ve been around for my other blog breaks you’ll know that I’m not one for writing a post really quickly and half-heartedly and posting it and I didn’t want to start now. Hence, the absence. However, I would like to say a huge thank you to the love and support I received as a result of the last post I did which was the Domestic Violence awareness one, it was a huge thing for me to publish and I’m very glad I did. So, thank you!

Right, so now that’s all out the way. Welcome back! Let’s sit down and have a cuppa over the ramble-y update about my life, my plans for my blog, anything in general. I feel like my blog break came at quite an apt time if I’m being honest, because I haven’t really been feeling like “Lia” and I know that sounds completely bonkers and I can’t really explain it myself. But, I feel like I’ve been plodding on and on through the past couple of months and it’s been a bit of a blur and in the past couple of days I’ve got my creativity mojo back and inspiration for different projects and just general positivity around myself. I’m not sure why this blip happened in the life of Lia but hey, we’re back now.

If you're new then here's my face 


Exciting news! I’m now a member of the Unlimited club thing at Cineworld so for £17.90 a month (I believe) I can go to the cinema as many times as I like which I think is pretty cool as I love going to the cinema. My temporary pass had it’s first use on Sunday (I printed all the paperwork out to be organised as my actual card hasn’t arrived yet, and they didn’t ask for it…typical. I was also really excited to go “OH YES…here it is!” like when I just turned 18 and first got asked for ID) when Jack and myself went to see Bohemian Rhapsody, which was amazing. I cried a lot, not a surprise as I cry at everything and thankfully the darkness of the cinema does hide it, but when it goes quiet there was just me sniffling and making that awful crying noise, the one that I don’t really know how to type.

University still stresses me out. Majorly. Like on a different level. The best way I can describe it would be as though you are a clumsy person (myself) walking on hot stones, whilst trying to run away from a bear, and if you fall off the stones you land in lava and even if you get to the other end of the stones there’s dragons ready to eat you and scratch your eyeballs out. But there is nice cake there. That I spend too much money on. And then feel guilty for eating after I deemed that day as “the day I start eating healthily”. One day.

OOH! Exciting news! Well, I think it’s exciting news! I’m going to be doing some form of Blogmas this year again, not everyday and I’m trying not to repeat previous ideas but there will definitely be some form of festive cheer here at That Girl with that Blog! I think I must be mad as I don’t really seem to have time to breathe never mind fit more in but hey ho.

Thank you for sticking with me and if you’re a newbie then welcome to the not-so-clubby club that is not a club but anyway.

I think you’re all wonderful baked beans and welcome back to the weird life updates of Lia!

All my love,

Lia x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &