Skip to main content

May Favourites

Hello Earthlings,
Okay, okay, okay I know I previously mentioned how I was hoping to start posting weekly again and then I disappeared off the face of the Earth and I didn't do it because I just thought "ahh I'll do it next week" and to tell the truth it is a really crappy acknowledgement of the fact that I have not been half as organised with my blog as I originally hoped to be this year but there's still time. I did have a few ideas but they were quite half-hearted and I wasn't prepared to post something that I wasn't fully happy with so I have got myself quite a few ideas and really thought hard about them so I can start posting regularly again. 

The first of these new ideas for my blog is a "Favourites" post, today I am going to talk about a few favourites that I have had in the month of May. So let's pause this reading, get a cuppa and resume. 

ALBUM:

Even though this album only came out on the 27th May it is still a big favourite of mine, The Ride by Catfish and the Bottlemen. This may be me being biased because I have been a fan of Catfish for a while now but oh my gosh I love every song on this album and I could sit and literally fan girl for ages about how amazing they are but instead of doing that I'm just going to suggest searching Auntie Google for them and having a listen yourself. I also pre-ordered the vinyl of The Ride and paid for gift-wrapping and it arrived yesterday and it was a present from me to me, I'm evidently a great gift buyer. 



TV SHOW:

Now this isn't a particular series that you can get yourself into and binge watch for 3 days not seeing the outside world. It is is once in the year event and it is pure brilliance. Have you guessed yet? EUROVISION!!!! I love, love, love Eurovision and the cheesiness and the brilliant commentary from Graham Norton and of course, the Twitter feed throughout it. There is nothing better than sitting with some snacks and attempting to sing along to the cheese-fest. Pure brilliance. 

FOOD:

Recently I have been having a lot of smoothies so whilst food shopping the other week I saw the Perfectly Imperfect Strawberries and I loved the whole concept of it. Why is there any need to put a perfectly good strawberry to waste just because it doesn't look like your usual 'perfect' strawberry. Yes, I am aware that I am using the word perfect a lot but it is just to get my point across perfectly (see what I did there?). I ended up with a strawberry that almost resembled the little pink octopus from Finding Nemo and it melted my heart. Naturally, I had to take a picture...see below. 




MAKE-UP:

I never usually bother with make-up mainly because I can just never be bothered and when I usually do try it ends up going wrong because I am not a naturally talented make-up artist like many other people I know. But I have started doing my eyebrows again from time to time so I bought a new eyebrow pencil, I used to use the Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Precision Pencil (£10) so I thought that I would stick with Soap and Glory because I loved it before yet I chose a different product. I chose the Archery Brow Sculpting Crayon and Gel (£10) which I thoroughly recommend, it is so easy to apply and looks great on. It really does not take a lot of time to use this product and it is definitely worth the £10. 

CURRENTLY:

This is a heading that I am going to use to say about the things that currently happening in the world or just locally, out and about that I particularly like the look of. The main thing that I would like to focus on today is that May has been the month that the hedge around our garden has bloomed fully. It not only makes our garden and house seem cosy but it also means that summer and hopefully warm weather is on its way soon! I have loved coming home from school and seeing the hedge grow more and more and yes I know it sounds weird but I miss the warmth. 


I hope you enjoyed this different kind of post today and I shall see you next week with another.

Thank you for reading :) 
Lia x 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &