Skip to main content

June Ramble





Hello Earthlings,

For today's post I thought that I would do a little old school throwback to a ramble but a monthly ramble, I had an idea to do a favourites at the end of one month and then a ramble a the end of the next month and alternate like that so I may continue doing it like that but right now let's not worry about little things like that. So, I'm sure you know this script by now...get yourself a cuppa, some biscuits or cake or anything you fancy really and let us begin this little catch up.

I am actually writing from a different location today, and no I do not just mean that I have moved from lying on my bed to sitting on the sofa I mean a full on Chesterfield to Devon move. Not permanently obviously, just Friday to Monday with the parents and it has been really lovely so far. The weather has been good apart from the occasional downpour but you see even those haven't really been the types of downpour to get you soaked...if you know what I am saying because you have the rain that is a fine drizzle and that can cover you but then you can have the big raindrops that appear to dodge you but they leave that lovely smell of rain. Maybe it is just me that has noticed this but hey ho. The seagulls here are at least 3 foot tall and they take no prisoners, as I was walking along a path at the top of the beach on Friday I was enjoying my first ice cream of the summer we are having in 2016 and all of a sudden a flock of seagulls flew at me. I tried to hide the ice cream in between my mum and myself obviously forgetting that seagulls quite literally have a birds eye view and could see it from above. Needless to say it was Seagulls 1 Lia 0. But a positive point to take from all of that is that I managed to provide some quality entertainment to many people who were sat in their parked cars next to me. A really sad thing that I have noticed this weekend though is that on the caravan park where we are staying, a lot of the kids here don't seem to be interested in getting to know each other and playing stupid games on the climbing frames they are all just sat tapping away on various apps and I genuinely think that it is such a waste of time - I just want to confiscate them and tell them to go out and enjoy themselves. However, that may just be me being old before my time.




Exam season is over! Which also means that I am back at sixth form starting work towards year 13 which is very odd. It is very odd because I do not feel old enough to be in my last year of school. I do not feel old enough to be looking around universities. I do not feel old enough to be doing any of this...yet I am. At first I was complaining that I had to go back to school to start work towards next year but now I am glad because it is already so stressful but at least I have more time to be stressed about it as opposed to having less time yet being about three thousand times more stressed. I am very motivated this year because I do want to get my results next year and know that I did absolutely everything I could do in order to make sure that is the best grade I could achieve. Which obviously means that I will be spending a lot of time in the library.

I don't want to focus on the results of the referendum because I know that people chose their vote because they had looked at both options and weighed up the pros and cons of each and thought really carefully about what they had decided. At least that is how I like to imagine people chose which way to vote because I have thought that way yet I wasn't able to vote. So regardless of what you voted I just want to comment on the amount of racism that has stemmed from the Brexit result. It honestly makes me feel sick, you only have to scroll through your Facebook or Twitter feeds to see any example of racism. I saw a post on Facebook the other actually about the safety pin idea where you wear a plain safety pin on your clothing so that someone of a different race knows that you are a safe person to sit next to on a bus or walk near on the street. Now, I think it is a lovely idea to do something like this but I also think it is honestly so sad that it has got to the point in a 2016 Britain where someone has to think of that idea just to make people feel safer in a country that they call their home. There is no need for the nastiness and just plain cruelty that people are showing and it is honestly setting such a poor example for the future generation of Britain.

I am so glad that there isn't that long left at school because I just want to sleep...a lot. But the good news is that I do actually have some pretty okay content lined up for the holidays and even close to the New Year, is that organised or just an incy wincy bit sad? Hmm, I'm not really sure. 

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful week :)
Lia x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &