Skip to main content

A picture is worth a thousand words

Hello Earthlings,

Being the idiot that I am I forgot to share my post last week which was a little ramble post kinda thing, you know throwing it back to the old school days but anyway you can read it here

For today's post I decided to do a little photo post, to reminisce and remember to appreciate all I have been lucky for. I feel like that's a good thing to do once in a while, stop what you're doing and take a minute to appreciate everything that you have that you should be thankful for. I believe that by doing this happiness can spread at least a little bit and in some way it pulls you back down to earth when you're being all away with the fairies. So, I hope you enjoy looking at some random photos and learning a little bit more about the weird little human behind this blog. 


This picture was taken in the cinema whilst me and Ailish were waiting to go into the screen for Ed Sheeran Jumpers for Goalposts, by this point we were super excited. I feel like our mutual love of Ed Sheeran has been a strong foundation in our friendship but she's one of the best people I know so here's a little shoutout. Go Ailish! Also in the cinema I managed to make myself look completely daft when we went to see The Fault in our Stars as I cried...and cried...and cried a bit more. I'd already read the bloody book (are you surprised that I cried from the line "I lit up like a Christmas tree, Hazel Grace" to the very end?) yet I still ended up looking like someone had rubbed about 56 onions in my eyes. 


I guess you could say that it is a little bizarre how I have included a picture of a fire in this post but there's something so cosy about this fire. This fire to me symbolises Christmas time and going up to see relatives in Blackpool, with cups of tea, biscuits and football. Being surrounded by cosiness and the laughter that comes from retelling fond memories and making new ones makes me very happy.


I'm pretty sure that I have mentioned so many times before that I love London and that I love Mamma Mia and in a couple of blogs before I have spoken about how my mum surprised me in 2015 by taking me to London to sight-see and to go and see Mamma Mia and it was amazing. I was so excited I genuinely cried when it started. From this trip we have started an annual trip to London, we're going soon so be prepared for a blog post humans! 

Not the best quality photo or particularly flattering but right here are three of the most important people in my life and I don't know what I'd do without them however I'm not going to continue being soppy and instead I'm going to tell you that this was taken on my 17th birthday at the bowling alley and was just before I managed to throw the bowling ball onto the wrong lane as it bounced along. As you can probably tell, I'm not the best at bowling. 


Who says you have to go really far to see an amazing sunset? Admittedly this was like a five hour drive but Devon is such a beautiful place. I could have sat and watched these boats bob all day and it was just really nice to be beside the seaside (you sang that didn't you?) 


I'm going to leave you with this picture as the last one because it just makes me happy. Everything about this picture makes me super happy. It makes me want summer days and sunsets and the no-stress approach to everything because sixth form isn't driving you insane (I mean obviously for me to have this I have to go through that horrible time called exams which causes stress so I'm not really winning here).

I hope that this post has a been a bit different and that you enjoyed it, I personally think it would be a great post for any blogger to do because it was fairly relaxed and chilled but made me laugh looking through the bizarre photos I have on my laptop.

So, I hope you all have a fab week,
Lia x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &