Skip to main content

Putting the world to rights

Hello Earthlings,

If you aren't familiar with the phrase putting the world to rights I have gone to the effort of googling it for an explanation for you, to put the world to rights is to have a conversation with someone in which you exchange opinions on a range of subjects, especially opinions on how to solve society's problems. This probably doesn't give you any hint as to what the topic of today's post is about but let's just roll with it. 

As I've aged, speaking the 80 year old woman living inside of me, I've realised that you don't need to have a lot of people in your life in order to be happy and I've learnt to treasure the time I spend with people so this post is kind of a reminder to you lovely humans and a bit of appreciation. 

Recently I went to stay at one of my oldest friend's house, not old as in age because she's actually pretty young, and we made tea and reminisced and just had a general catch up and it was really nice. We started our trip with a trip to Sainsbury's for ingredients for our various culinary successes and in our old lady selves were very prepared with our shopping list and bag for life. We decided to make a spaghetti bolognese using her Mum's recipe so of course it was lovely and then made a healthy banana bread. 

After sitting in the kitchen and having a chat about anything and everything we decided to put Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging on and I have to say it will always be such an iconic film. Although, it does feel a bit weird to watch it now because I came out when I was about 9 and I was so excited to get to 14 and have all the teenage drama like Georgia does and I have to say, life was never that entertaining as a 14 year old. But now looking back, it's odd that I've had this film there for all those years, especially when I was off poorly and off school and it was an instant go-to whilst being snuggled up in bed, and I can still sit and laugh like the first time. Even though I can say it word for word and I am now older than the character in it when they were all so "grown up" when I first saw it. Continuing with the reminiscing we had a good sing song over High School Musical 3 and cried, a lot to say that we've seen it many, many times. Safe to say, I still envy Gabriella's wardrobe and Sharpay's hair. 


It was during these little events that I appreciated my friendship with Lizzie all over again, the beauty of our friendship is that we both understand that you don't have to be in contact all the time to still be really close friends. Over the years Lizzie has been there for me several times and we have so many memories together that I'm truly so thankful for and can't wait for many, many more.

To give a point to this post that you can take away with you I want to remind you at whatever age you may be that you can have all the money in the world but it's the little things that really matter, like taking a day or two to just cook and laugh and listen to music and be with people. Don't be offended if someone doesn't contact you all the time, the odds are life is a bit busy and they will still be there for you at any time you need them. So, chin up buttercup. 

Until next week,
Lia x 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &