Skip to main content

A Year in Review 2017

Hello Earthlings, 

Today is the last post of the year which feels a little weird as I feel like we should probably be in May but here we are, a few days away from the new year. I have to admit I'm one of those people who loves the new year, I love the fact that it's a fresh set of 12 months that could hold so much opportunity and whatnot. I hear people who say you can work on bettering yourself at whatever point but for me there's something exciting about starting a fresh year and working on yourself into whoever you want to be. I intend on doing that and I'll be writing a post on the 1st to let you all know what you can expect from my blog in 2018. But for now, I'm going to reflect on the past year and draw everything to a close.

I want to start by saying thank you to you people who read this, whether it's once or whether you read it regularly I truly appreciate it so much. For me my blog has never been about numbers as such, it's been a little place on the internet where I write because I enjoy writing and if there's people who enjoy reading it, even if it's just one, then it's worth it for me. But I have somehow achieved 22,500 page views and that's baffling, I can't actually put it in words how surprised I was when I saw that my blog has been read that many times. Thank you for that as well, but thank you for every time you've clicked on a post because you've wanted to read it, every time you've liked a Facebook post sharing it or if you've like my Facebook page, thank you for every single nice comment you've ever left...I truly appreciate them all. Oh, and thank you for sticking around another year, I hope you stay another year and enjoy this new journey with me. 

In 2017 I have been to some new places... I ticked a thing to do off my bucket list by going up the Eiffel Tour in Paris and fell in love with the city, I watched a beautiful sunset in Edinburgh and bought some amazing fudge on the Old Mile, I fell absolutely in love with Albufeira and intend to return to Portugal at every opportunity I can and I returned to the magnificent La Cala de Mijas and came back with a cracking tan (that's a rare thing for me, it was nice while it lasted). Back on home soil I've done my annual trip to London with my Mum and confirmed it even more as my favourite city, I've sang Don't Look Back in Anger at the top of my voice with 50,000 people at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground watching Courteeners just days after the country was shocked by the awful events in Manchester in May, I've seen many artists live in new places made easier by the fact that Jack and myself both passed our driving tests this year. 

Personally, I survived A Levels and have completed my first semester studying psychology at Sheffield Hallam University, I set myself a goal of raising £100 for charity and smashed that by raising £474, I got 2 tattoos, I cut off several toxic people and have so many incredibly plans for 2018. I also started to discover who I was, instead of feeling like I've just been going with the flow I feel like I have started to decide where I'm going and the type of person I'd ideally like to be. I've also got to know some amazing people who make life so much better in the littlest ways possible, I'm not going to list some massive list because I'd be here for a while just going on about how great these people are but I'm hoping they know. So yeah. I've also missed so much that I'm going to later think "ah, should've included that" but right now, I feel so happy I could cry (that and I've just watched Pitch Perfect 3 and it was perfect and I did cry a little).  I also nearly lost my dog this year, she's my best friend and it was a traumatic time but she's here and well and it happens to be nine years today since we bought her home and I never imagined nine years ago that my life would be quite as mad and brilliant as it is. Addition: Also completed a fun run dressed as 118, fun and run should not be used in the same sentence.

To everyone who has influenced my 2017 in whatever way, thank you. 
I'll see you next year,
Lia x 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &