Skip to main content

BLOGMAS 2017: Day 1

Hello Earthlings as it is now the run up to Christmas I am going to just swap to Elflings so let’s start this again,

Greetings Elflings!

It is officially the time of year where Lia can sing Christmas songs and be merry all the time and truly embrace her inner elf because CHRISTMAS IS NEARLY HERE! Oh, and there is even more reason to be excited because I am going to be doing Blogmas again this year and hopefully it will be a tad more successful than last years was so let the Christmas train commence. Grab a mince pie and let us party on.

Why am I doing this you ask? Because I love Christmas and I will make sure everyone reading this knows it. If you are struggling to gain a clear insight into how excited I am to be doing Blogmas and documenting the run up to Christmas then just imagine that I’m saying all of this like a small kid would who has had way too much sugar. Anyway, as Buddy once said “the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear” so let’s grab our pointy shoes and get singing. I do like to view Christmas as a way of tying up all the loose ends of the year in a jolly way and eating too many mince pies.

I love Christmas. I love putting effort into getting someone a gift or making it for them and then wrapping it up all nicely and then hoping they’ll love it. I love the Christmas movies even though I have hardly seen any. I love Christmas songs and I do hope you know that anyone who gets in my car in between now and Christmas will have to listen to a Christmas song playlist. Tilly, yes my car has a name, will be the car equivalent of Santa’s sleigh and I am not apologising. I love Christmas dinner. I love spending time with loved ones. I love the time in between Christmas and New Year that is always just a haze because you don’t know what day it is or how many pigs in blankets you’ve had. I love seeing Christmas lights and we’re driving along. I love making people happy with that extra thought. I will stop rambling about my love right now and wait until tomorrow.

Today has been quite a festive start to December, I may have been in a rush this morning and didn't get chance for my advent calendars straight away I spent the afternoon wandering around garden centres looking at all the pretty Christmas decorations and gifts and lights and oh it was wonderful. They obviously all had Christmas songs on as well, making it 10x better. Okay, end of, I promise!

Instead I shall leave you with links to every social media I have so you can follow all my Blogmas and elf posts there and share them around so we can all spread around the cheer!

Twitter - tgwtb3
Instagram - myearthquake3
Snapchat - tgwtb3
Pinterest - liagreen57

Until tomorrow (how soon),

Lia x 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &