Skip to main content

Blogmas Day 20: Christmas Catch Ups



HI HUMANS, ELVES and REINDEER,

Today may be the day where I start to actually catch up on posts which will be an actual Christmas miracle but overall I'm pretty chuffed with how Blogmas is going and although it seems like I started it ages ago it also seems like "oh wow it's the 20th" and I just can't really fathom how quick everything is going. It seems so crazy! I may be in a complete rut after today for posts on Blogmas but I will get there, there's only a few days left so I must not give up now.

But anyway, as Christmas approaches it is the perfect time to have a bit of a catch up and see how people are doing. The season of good will and all. This year this all seems kind of different because now everyone has bobbied off to university and whatnot so it's like a proper grown up catch up instead of just "I saw you last week at school but hi". I don't know it's just all different and exciting.

I'm working everyday this week in the run up to Christmas, but I managed to see one of my friends before I went to work on Tuesday and it was so so so lovely to have a catch up. I feel like the great thing about this friendship is that we don't have to talk to each other all the time and know every single thing going on in each other's lives because it doesn't change our friendship. We made lunch, cheese and ham toasties (fun fact: I have loved cheese and ham toasties for as long as I can remember and remember my Nana and Grandad and Nan making them for me when I was little but I had no clue how to make one until the other day - it was a big achievement for me). And made sausage rolls. And made a fruit salad. Just generally had a catch up and it was lovely, we also took an obligatory reunion selfie (if you're ever struggling for good lighting then use the fridge, works a dream).

Personally, I like to think of the whole festive period as the time for settling the year down and getting ready for a new one, so I obviously need to catch up with important people before the end of the year to continue with them in the new year. That kind of makes sense to me, I don't really know if it makes sense to anyone else but a lot of things I say don't tend to make any sense.

If you're still here 20 days later after I've posted every day then thank you sooooo much! I appreciate you all.

Until tomorrow,
Lia x

P.S. I HAVE AN EXCITING UPDATE REGARDING FESTIVE JEWELLERY. My mum works with a lovely lady, I mean I've never met her but she seems lovely (this opinion was decided prior to her helping a struggling student), and she has been reading my Blogmas posts and bought me some festive earrings. Honestly, my Christmas has been made. Thank you so much, Rachelle! If there was an Elf of the Month (Santa may have them you never know) then you deserve it.
There's 3 earrings in the pack and it just so happens I have 3 piercings in my ears so...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &