Skip to main content

Blogmas Day 5: Christmas Shopping

Elflings,

How is December treating you so far?! Is it going well and all festive times and what not? Really, I have no clue what I'm even thinking as I'm currently battling my way through tweaking a research report after peer review etc. so I can submit it and it's taking over my teeny brain. But hey, ho Christmas time, mistletoe and wine and all that lovely jazz.

ANYWAY...

Today I managed to go to Meadowhall with my Mum to do a spot of Christmas shopping and I'm so happy to say I've practically done, I mean I did start in August (only with little bits and bobs) but still, we have nearly made it. Just have to wrap the remainder of them and that bit isn't my favourite because I really cannot wrap presents to save my life, me and Jack usually have an arrangement where he wraps the presents and I make them pretty with ribbons and what not. But, he can't wrap his own presents so ha, lucky me.

I thought I'd just list a couple of shops that I find really good for Christmas presents, obviously it depends who you're buying for but it's still worth giving these a go, especially if you're in a rush for last minute gifts.

Paperchase

I LIVE for Paperchase. Honestly, it's one of my favourite shops and I spend far too much money in there but they do amazing stuff and although you may initially think that 12 quid is a bit expensive for a notebook, it is good quality so I don't mind paying extra. A notebook was just an example, they do alllllll sorts. I loved the London range they did a while ago and have most of it, mainly because London is my favourite city. I do enjoy just going in there with an open mind and just seeing what grabs me because there's so much to choose from. For example, I saw a cute little cactus money bank earlier. It had a hat. You could remove the hat. Isn't that the coolest thing ever?! I shall leave a link here, just in case you fancy checking it out.

Lush

This is another favourite of mine but it is also such an easy present. Choose a box that is colourful and it is bound to have something in it that someone loves. You obviously have to be prepared for the enthusiastic team members there but other than that, completely safe. I love the team members there and always feel like I've made a friend but maybe that's just me. At this time of year be sure to check out the Snow Fairy shower gel because it is heaven in a bottle and smells absolutely amazing. I love everything Lush stands for and really recommend their products for that person who you know but don't really know but they deserve something nice, or for that person who obsesses over Lush.

Boots

SO MANY GIFT IDEAS. So many reasonably priced gifts. So many expensive gifts. So many "ooh Cynthia down the road from my Uncle's goldfish would love this". Endless opportunities. Often very busy around the "Christmas shop" section but get there early and all business should be avoided. The good thing about Boots is that not only do they do their gift section for male and female, but there's also their separate electrical section. Fragrance section. Make up section. Hair section. Medical section if someone really wants some Soothers or something. Can't go wrong.

There's only three shops here but I can tell you something, they are all amazing for gift ideas, especially last minute so go, go, go. If you want to brave them head on then good luck to you! Alternatively, pay that extra money for super speedy delivery and the privilege of doing it all from the comfort of your own home with a glass of gin at the side of you.

Until tomorrow,

Lia x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &