Skip to main content

Little Changes

Hello Earthbugs,

I thought I would write a post today about the little changes that I'm making in life to help me enjoy what I'm doing more, be more productive and be a bit healthier. By writing this post now it gives me a few months to continue with what I'm doing and then I'm going to review it at the beginning of 2019, that is a little bit scary to say because it really isn't that far away. 

It's a bit mad how I only really have one month left of being off before I return to university for second year, I had this huge to do list of things that I wanted to do before then and it's safe to say, that's been blown out the window. Instead I'm just going to continue making little changes when I feel necessary and not limit it to a strict timescale. 

One thing I have set myself a time limit on though is to sort my room out before I go back to uni and declutter and get rid of clothes (to buy more obviously) and make sure I have all my big jumpers ready to wear in autumn. Side note, I am very excited for how quick autumn is coming around! 

Okay so first things first, fitness and health. I feel like this is a big deal for me, as I've mentioned in previous posts I'm not the most confident about my weight but I make it worse because then I eat lots of crap to make myself feel better and ultimately feel worse. But I'm learning to accept myself in a new way, if I fancy some cake or chocolate or whatever junk food I may fancy then I will have it but I am incorporating more fruit into my diet and trying to eat proper meals. I've also attempted a couple of the 30 day fitness challenges which have currently failed because I forgot, then I injured myself, then I forgot again and now here we are. I'd like to continue with that as I felt quite proud as I was increasing the exercise I was doing. I'd also like to start up running again, when I was doing it in May time it was great because I could tell that day by day I could run a little bit further than before, so I'd definitely like to start that again. 

Routine is a big thing for me as well, I'd like to get into a night time routine because normally I'm rushing, then I'm on my laptop late or looking at screens late and I'm just wide awake so I'm trying to read before bed now for a bit. Onto my next point, I'm developing a bit of a morning routine as well which includes cuddles with my dog, giving the dog food and being watched by the dog as I eat my Weetabix. I have to say, I do enjoy a routine. 

Creativity is another big one. For me, I really really love being creative and if you have read this blog for a while now then you'll have probably realised that. I've started getting some ideas together for various hand made Christmas presents, I've knitted myself a hat, I've cross stitched a cat. I love it because the more things I do, the more ideas I get and then combine that with Pinterest and I'm well away. I've also managed to find inspiration to start writing, nothing too big but a bit separate to the blog and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. 

This update hasn't been a particularly long one but I just wanted to document my current thoughts towards my approach to life so I can look back soon. 

Thank you for reading,
Until next week!
Lia x




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris goes to see Captain Marvel | FILM REVIEW

Hello dearies!  I hear the new film that's 'hot on the block' recently is this Captain Marvel one, and little old Doris does like to be hip, trendy and down with the kids *throws the equivalent of a swagger sign* so decided to hop on the bandwagon and go along, booking myself in for the 12.00 (pm just to clarify) showing at the local cinema. I'm currently cutting down on the whole chocolate/cake/biscuits scene, so sneaked a small tub of Pringles into the cinema with me...I have to say, I felt like a bit of a rebel eating food that I'd bought from somewhere else whilst inside the cinema, it was an adrenaline rush! If you're wondering what flavour Pringles they were, I obviously chose the best ones aka sour cream and onion as I'm not some sort of monster.  Anyway, I did buy one of those Tango Ice thingymabobs as I hear that's too what the cool kids like to have at the cinema. I could only have cherry though as the machine wasn't working properly, t

End of Summer Catch Up

Hello Earthlings, One I know this post is late and last weeks was early but from this Sunday it will be back to normal and two please don't be upset with the title of this blog as I hate to tell all of you summer lovers but summer is nearing the end...well for 2016 anyway but saying summer 2017 seems a little bit too far away right now. I thought that I would take some time now to have a catch up, through the screens of our technical devices, before the new season is upon us. I have to say, I personally love the changing of the seasons, for any season not just for the end of the summer to the beginning of autumn but for all of them. I don't really have a favourite season because I love the perks of all of them; autumn means the leaves change colours and Halloween and Bonfire Night, winter means cold weather, cosiness, Christmas and New Year, spring means lighter nights, Easter and new life and summer means hot weather, relaxing and of course a lot of time off (well for now,

Twenty

Hello Earthlings! As I sit and type this I'm tucked up cosy in bed and listening to the wind batter everything in sight, and it doesn't matter that today I turned 20 because the wind still scares me so I'm still going to tuck up as tight as I can and try my best to ignore it after I've typed this. But, anyway! Hi. Birthdays are a funny thing, you know they're going to happen and you know that you get older but they're a bit odd. When I was little, I looked forward to being a teenager which in itself is completely barmy (maybe I'm the only one intimidated by groups of teenagers...), and I always thought "13 is such a grown up age!!!" because 6 year old me was clearly clueless. I remember a particular time where I stood looking out of my bedroom window, in the house I lived in as a young child, wistfully into the distance (you know like they do on films where it gets to a real deep moment?) and couldn't wait for 13 to arrive so I could be a &